Peter D. Roopnarine
Awards and Service
Recent Grants and Awards
- 2008-2010 - Hagey Venture Fund, CAS: Predicting and assessing impacts of the Cosco Busan San Fransicso Bay oil spill. Co-PI: J. Dumbacher (CAS). $36,988.
- 2005-2008 - NSF: CMG Collaborative Research: Mathematical Modeling and Bayesian Analysis of Paleocommunity Collapse during Mass Extinctions. Co-PI: S. Wang (Swarthmore College). $182,284.
- 2003-2005 - NSF: Collaborative Research: Examining origination, extinction, and recovery in terebratulide brachiopods: the integration of phylogeny, morphometrics, and biogeography. PIs: S. J. Carlson (UC Davis), L. R. Leighton (San Diego State U.). $215,535.
- 2003-2004 - NSF: Small Grant for Exploratory Research: Geometric morphometric-based visualization and analysis of morphological integration: A new look at bivalve evolution. $31,245.
- 1999-2002 - NSF: Tempo and mode of evolution of two lineages of Lower Devonian conodonts. Co-PI: M. Murphy (UC Davis). $116,777.
- 2003-2005. Distinguished Speaker, Paleontological Society.
- 2000. Elected Fellow, California Academy of Sciences.
- 1999. R. Tucker Abbott Visiting Curator. Bailey-Matthews Museum, Sanibel, Florida.
- 1984. David S. Fensom Award for Excellence in Research. Mount Allison University.
- 2007. Organizer, CalPaleo Annual Conference.
- 2006-present. Member, Editorial Board, Veliger.
- 2005-present. Member, Adivsory Board, The Species Alliance.
- 2005. President, Western Society of Malacologists.
- 2004-present. Biology Representative, Affiliated Institutes, American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- 2004. Council Member, Western Society of Malacologists.
- 2003-2004. Associate Editor, Journal of Paleontology.
- 2003. Organizing Committee, Symposium: Biodiversity: Past, Present and Future. 84th Annual Meeting of the AAAS, Pacific Division.
- 2002. Roopnarine, P. D. and C. M. Tang, organizers. Evolutionary paleobiology and paleoecology of the Bivalvia. Special Session. Geological Society of America. Annual Meeting, Denver.
- 2002-2003. Vice-President, SEPM Pacific Division.
- 2002-present. Special Issues Editor, Paleontologia Electronica.
- 2001-2003. Schuchert Award Committee, The Paleontological Society.
- 2001. Organizing Committee, Seventh North American Paleontological Conference.
- 2000-2004. Councilor-At-Large, American Malacological Society.